There is a moderately good amount of information available for those interested in leading or management an open source software community.
- Free Software Project Management HOWTO by Benjamin Mako Hill
- Producing Open Source Software: How to Run a Successful Free Software Project by Karl Fogel
- OSCON talk An Open Source Project Called "Failure:" Community Antipatterns to Know and Avoid
- The perils of going from community to commercial open source
- Why community matters by Jim Jagielski of the Apache Software Foundation, on their motto "Community over code"
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.